Wednesday, March 25, 2009

sori-tay tay. t-tay-t-tay-tay. (sorities and taylor zapora)




This is my dear friend Taylor, A.K.A. Tay Tay. She is a student at the University of Rhode Island and a member of the "sororitay-tay", SIGMA DELTA TAU.



Taylor and I met back in 2002 (?...maybe '01?)at summer camp in northern New Hampshire. We fell in love. (I wore a lot of Abercrombie back then...get over it.)

By 2006 we were on staff at this same summer camp together, and in 2007 we were living in close quarters together for 9 weeks straight.
Regardless of my skinny jeans and keds and her ΣΔT tee-shirts, our love continued to grow.

In the summer of '08, our precious time together was taken away from us. Tay Tay left for Nantucket (inevitably we knew she would always end up in such a place...refer back to my Feb. 25th entry) and I was still in hickville teaching small children how to make gimp keychains and jump off of a high-dive.












Here is Tay in Nantucket.
Here am I covered in paint.





Anyways,
I am sure we all have those girls who walk around campus sporting a different article of clothing with their Greek letters on it every single day. Whether it be a tote bag, sweatpants, baby-doll tees, or flip flops, the girls seems to have an entire wardrobe of Greek life apparel and just LOVE to show it off. Tay-tay is one of those girls.

Here are some more photos of Taylor living sorority life at URI:





Here is Tay pretending to be me (indiehipster.com, as they call me at camp), and me pretending to be Tay (sororiTay Tay, T-tay tay tay tay, as we call her):


The moral of the story of Morgan and Taylor is this:
Even if you wear skinny jeans and oversized sweaters and listen to bands no one has ever heard of, it is okay to be in love with a sorority girl who loves everyone to know she's in a sorority and likes Dave Matthews...but only one.



PS - This is Taylor's current Facebook status: "ΣΔT & FIJI GREEK WEEK 09!!!!" Yet, I still love her.





No comments:

Post a Comment