Friday, February 20, 2009

skin in snow

I've never understood the kids I see walking about campus in the middle of winter in shorts, wool socks and Birkenstocks.

First of all, the socks aren't even going to help, because since there's snow on the ground you're probably gonna get wet. So either take off the socks and do the whole barefoot thing, or buy yourself some snow-appropriate shoes.

Second of all, why are you wearing shorts??! Don't say you don't get cold. Unless you're some freaky reptile-human, you get cold. And if you're cold, shorts are not more comfortable than someone who's warm with jeans on.

Two days ago it was strangely warm considering it's the middle of February in Massachusetts. And by warm I mean around 42ºF. In the grand scheme of things, this is not warm.
Anyways so I was walking around very appropriately dressed in a cute Calvin Klein winter jacket and I saw a girl I recognized from one of my classes.

She was wearing:
-camouflage
cargo pants (I'm not even going to start on that)
-a flannel tied around her waist (Flannel is fine. Tied around the waist is not.)
-and a black tank top
A TANK TOP.
In February.

Seriously, girl? And the funny part was, she looked cold! She had the option to untie the flannel – that more appropriately worn could have been fairly decent looking – and put it on to warm up again, but instead she thought it would be more attractive to show off her pale
wintry dry-skin arms.

I can't even fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment